Saturday, March 5, 2011

Actor Srikanth is sporting a new look in Nanban

Actor Srikanth is in an extremely important phase in his career and needless to say, he’s taking it seriously. He has been exercising regularly and has lost several kilos to look the part of a college student for his forthcoming film with Shankar, Nanban.
 
    Talking from the film’s sets in Dehradhun, Srikanth says, “Nanban, the remake of 3 idiots, is a big project and has actors like Vijay, Sathyaraj and Jiiva in it. The film will certainly give me a new lease of life in Kollywood. Director Shankar has given me a golden opportunity on a platter and I want to make full use of it.” 


    The unit is currently shooting the campus scenes in the Forest Reserve Institute (FRI). “The FRI houses several beautiful monuments that were built in 1920. This place looks so much like London!” he says and adds, “Vijay, Jiiva and I will sport two different looks in the film. Shankar did all the homework himself and he’s come out with mind-blowing ideas.” 


    He continues, “For the part of a college student, I’ve lost several kilos by dieting and hitting the gym regularly. Shankar was clear that I should look very young. But he stressed that I shouldn’t look tired on screen due to the long workout sessions. When I finally saw the outcome in pictures, I was very happy. This is exactly how I look on my driving license! For my role as a wildlife photographer, I will sport a different look.” 


    Srikanth is glad that he’s 
got to work with a wonderful team. “I can’t stop gushing about Shankar’s sense of humour. He’s got a serious face but manages to makes us laugh so much! And, Vijay and Jiiva are such wonderful co-stars. I was supposed to work with Jiiva in Drohi, but it somehow didn’t happen. Nanban’s team is very energetic.” 


    Srikanth celebrated his birthday recently on the sets of Nanban. “Sentimentally, I think shooting on my birthday brings me luck. It was sweet of Shankar and the team to bring in a birthday cake for me. However, I was a little low because I was away from my family and my son, who also celebrated his birthday on the same day!” 


    On a signing off note, he says, “We’re currently gearing up to shoot the song, All is well…. Though the catch-phrase is the 
same, Harris sir has come out with a different tune. Shobi master is choreographing the number and Manoj is handling the camera. This song will have Shankar’s touch!”

No comments:

Post a Comment