Tuesday, July 12, 2011

GENELIA'S LATEST TALK ABOUT VELAYUDHAM

When asked Genelia that why she is not frequently seen in Tamil films, she said, “It is not like that. After completing Utthamaputhiran, the shooting of Velayudham commenced. The shooting of this film is going on.

About Velayudham, I liked the story very much when Jayam Raja narrated the story to me. At the same time I doubted that whether it would be possible for me to do the TV journalist role given to me. But Raja sir encouraged me by saying that this role is tailor made for me and I can do it. The role is very powerful. My role is equivalent to the role of the hero Vijay. I am not boasting. You can understand this once you see the film.


Hansika is another heroine of this film. She happens to be my good friend. She is now one of the top heroines in Tamil industry. She is acting in her role and I am acting in my role. There is no sequence in this film where we both clash. I have donned the role of a city girl while she has donned the role of a village girl. As far as Velayudham is concerned, we both have enough scope for acting. Regarding my experience about pairing with Vijay, I should say that he is a calm person. This is my second film with him. Vijay has not changed a bit. He is like the same person when I acted with him in Sachin. It is a good experience acting with him. His wife Sangeetha and his son Sanjay are very friendly with me. I am very happy because of this.”

No comments:

Post a Comment