Monday, October 24, 2011

The king of openings


The Velayudham star opens up on his plans for the `D' day

Though bookings for Vijay's Diwali r e l e a s e Velayudham started only on Sunday, tickets are sold out for the next five days -till the weekend; the Ilaya Thalapathy once again proving that he is the undisputed `King of Openings'! For the actor, Diwali means `watching plenty of films'. Vijay, in a freewheeling interview to DC says, “I will burst a lot of crackers with my son and go watch all the films released on Diwali day with my family. Right from childhood, that has been the practice in my household.

Earlier, there used to be seven to eight Diwali releases. My day would start with watching the noon show and then moving on to the next theater for the matinee show and then, to the evening show -it just went on! However, this time around, only three films -Velayudham, 7 Aum Arivu and Ra One are releasing, and I will watch all the flicks.“

Talking about Velayudham, he says that it is the culmination of his style and Jayam Raja's distinctive formula, produced by Aascar Ravichandran at a mammoth budget.

On teaming up with new-age directors Shankar, Murugadoss and Gautham Menon, he opined, “Honestly speaking, I got the opportunity only now! Earlier, I was just accepting scripts that came my way!“ He was quick to add, “Having completed Nanban, I felt that I missed working with Shankar all these days.“ Suriya started his career much later -alongside Vijay in Nerukku Ner. How does he feel about growing to a level that both their films are clashing on Diwali day? He gives his inimitable smile and says, “I wish the 7 Aum Arivu team all the very best as well as a big congrats to my team.“

No comments:

Post a Comment